Here are some pictures from July 4, 2004. I flew out to visit Skip while he was doing pre-deployment training in San Diego. We look like such babies here!
As you all know, this blog is called Mommy Musings. And while I sometimes blog about myself, or some sponsored posts, I mainly talk about my girls and being a mom. That's why I started this blog afterall. But today I'm going to take a break from all the mommy-ness and talk about my husband, my Skip. We've been together for ten years now, married for eight. I knew he was something very special the moment I met him. Our attraction towards each other was immediate, and after one night of meeting, we belonged only to each other. So our feelings, our desire to be together, that was the easy part. But it's not to say that our relationship has been easy. In the past decade we have dealt with long distance, the police academy, activation and a deployment, buying a dog, buying a condo, losing a friend, a few jobs for me, weird cop hours, a few cars, selling a condo, buying a house, two pregnancies, two beautiful baby girls, hard career decisio...
My little girl is 14 months old today, so I thought it was a good time to do an update post on her! - She is growing like a weed. She hasn't been to the doctor since her 12 month visit, so I'm not sure how big she is but it's definitely over 20 lbs. - She has officially become a toddler....walking, running, and getting into EVERYTHING! - She sleeps from 7:00 pm until between 7:30 and 8:30 am { yay !} but only takes a one hour nap once a day from 2:00 pm till 3:00 pm - When she climbs the stairs she puts her feet down, not her knees anymore. And if you hold her hand she walks up them just like a big girl! - She babbles all day long! We can't figure out most of what she says but her official list of words is as follows: Dada Mama Yay Yea Hello {or something like that} Taaan {her version of thanks} What's this? Who's this? Who is it?{she only said it once, but it counts!} Uh oh -She says ' Mmmmm ' when she wants you to give her a ...
I read this article, blog, whatever you want to call it the other day and when I was finished I practically stood up and shouted, "Finally!" To summarize, JJ Watt gives her opinion on being pro-vaccine for her children. She backs it up with facts on how immunizations are really only effective with herd immunity, and that the theory that shots, specifically the MMR, cause autism has been disproven time and time again. JJ Watt uses this article to "come out" as pro-vaccine, and encourages the rest of us to do the same. The anti-vaccinators are the ones you hear all the time. Now it's our turn to take a stand. So that is what I am doing today. I vaccinate my kids, and I'm proud of it . I try to stay out of the mommy wars as much as possible. It doesn't affect my life if you co-sleep, formula feed, or clothe diaper. Your choices on how you raise your child, doesn't affect my child in any way. Except when it comes to vaccines....
I want to visit San diego so bad! It looks absolutely divine! And look at you two enjoying yourselves pre Little M!
ReplyDelete