As you all know, this blog is called Mommy Musings. And while I sometimes blog about myself, or some sponsored posts, I mainly talk about my girls and being a mom. That's why I started this blog afterall. But today I'm going to take a break from all the mommy-ness and talk about my husband, my Skip. We've been together for ten years now, married for eight. I knew he was something very special the moment I met him. Our attraction towards each other was immediate, and after one night of meeting, we belonged only to each other. So our feelings, our desire to be together, that was the easy part. But it's not to say that our relationship has been easy. In the past decade we have dealt with long distance, the police academy, activation and a deployment, buying a dog, buying a condo, losing a friend, a few jobs for me, weird cop hours, a few cars, selling a condo, buying a house, two pregnancies, two beautiful baby girls, hard career decisio...
Happy Thursday everyone! I'll be honest, I almost didn't link up today. Mainly because there's really not much to report. Here's what I did: Thursday September 19 - none Friday - nothing Saturday - 2.5 mile walk Sunday - nada Monday - zip Tuesday - nothin' Wednesday - no thing Weekly Total - 2.5 August total - 31.4 Yeaaaaaah...so that whole 50, maybe 60 miles I was hoping for this month is not going to happen. In my defense, I seem to have come down with the plague and have been sick all week. Saturday was the only day I felt kind of normal. I always have trouble pushing myself when I have a cold to workout, and normally end up just sitting on the couch under a blanket instead. I really do miss working out though and will hopefully be able to get a little something done to finish out the month. What about you? Do you still workout when you're sick? How do you motivate yourself?
I read this article, blog, whatever you want to call it the other day and when I was finished I practically stood up and shouted, "Finally!" To summarize, JJ Watt gives her opinion on being pro-vaccine for her children. She backs it up with facts on how immunizations are really only effective with herd immunity, and that the theory that shots, specifically the MMR, cause autism has been disproven time and time again. JJ Watt uses this article to "come out" as pro-vaccine, and encourages the rest of us to do the same. The anti-vaccinators are the ones you hear all the time. Now it's our turn to take a stand. So that is what I am doing today. I vaccinate my kids, and I'm proud of it . I try to stay out of the mommy wars as much as possible. It doesn't affect my life if you co-sleep, formula feed, or clothe diaper. Your choices on how you raise your child, doesn't affect my child in any way. Except when it comes to vaccines....
Your baby is beautiful.
ReplyDelete