As you all know, this blog is called Mommy Musings. And while I sometimes blog about myself, or some sponsored posts, I mainly talk about my girls and being a mom. That's why I started this blog afterall. But today I'm going to take a break from all the mommy-ness and talk about my husband, my Skip. We've been together for ten years now, married for eight. I knew he was something very special the moment I met him. Our attraction towards each other was immediate, and after one night of meeting, we belonged only to each other. So our feelings, our desire to be together, that was the easy part. But it's not to say that our relationship has been easy. In the past decade we have dealt with long distance, the police academy, activation and a deployment, buying a dog, buying a condo, losing a friend, a few jobs for me, weird cop hours, a few cars, selling a condo, buying a house, two pregnancies, two beautiful baby girls, hard career decisio...
Happy Thursday everyone! I'll be honest, I almost didn't link up today. Mainly because there's really not much to report. Here's what I did: Thursday September 19 - none Friday - nothing Saturday - 2.5 mile walk Sunday - nada Monday - zip Tuesday - nothin' Wednesday - no thing Weekly Total - 2.5 August total - 31.4 Yeaaaaaah...so that whole 50, maybe 60 miles I was hoping for this month is not going to happen. In my defense, I seem to have come down with the plague and have been sick all week. Saturday was the only day I felt kind of normal. I always have trouble pushing myself when I have a cold to workout, and normally end up just sitting on the couch under a blanket instead. I really do miss working out though and will hopefully be able to get a little something done to finish out the month. What about you? Do you still workout when you're sick? How do you motivate yourself?
The past few days have been pretty rough on me. I've been sick and Skip has been working so much I practically forgot he lives here. Yesterday afternoon was the last big push as Skip is finally off today and tomorrow. But even though the end was in sight, I was struggling yesterday. On top of being sick, I pulled a muscle in my neck, and had a migraine that just wouldn't quit. And that lovely time from 4:00 till bedtime was just beginning. But rather than let the girls whines get to me, I knew I needed a change of scenery to shake things up for a bit. So we quick put on our shoes, and I grabbed my big girl camera as we headed out to the backyard. It was warm....breezy...and the lightening was just perfect. It was exactly what we all needed to get through the rest of the day. Sometimes all you need is a breath of fresh air.
Comments
Post a Comment