I am Officially Old and Ridiculous
I'm taking a break tonight from all the reminiscing to sing the praises of my amazing husband. Last Friday we threw a surprise party for my big sister L {side note...it was an awesome party and she was totally surprised!} Anyways, I was cleaning the house Friday morning, getting ready for the party, and I brought out my Shark Steam Mop.
{I got my Shark back in April of 2008. We had just moved into our house and my friend J gave it to me as a house-warming gift. I was so excited! She knows how obsessed I am with As-Seen-On-Tv products and knew I'd been lusting over it for months. And it lived up to every expectation I had! I like that I don't have to use any chemicals to clean the floor and it dries in just minutes!}
Okay, so back to Friday. I took out my mop and propped it up against the wall while I filled up the little water cup. All of a sudden it slipped and crashed onto the floor, BREAKING IN HALF!!! My poor, poor mop was broken and I may or may not have started crying way more than I should have. {I'm such a loser that I cry over a mop by the way!}
I was so sad that it was broken and was going to have to go back to using my inferior traditional sponge mop. But the Shark can be a little pricey and since it's not really something I need I didn't think I should shell out the money for a new one.
Today Skip went to BJ's to stock up on diapers, wipes, and whatnot for us. When he came home he said he had gotten something that wasn't on the list. And then he pulled out this:

IT'S MY MOP!!!! I know it's sad and I'm officially super old, but I was so excited to have my mop back. I cannot wait to bust it out tomorrow and have some super shiny, clean floors. Thanks so much Skip...you are the BEST!!!!
Thank you for taking us down memory lane with you...I love ALL the photos!
ReplyDeleteOkay, I'm old too because for my 27th birthday, I asked for this mop!! I know, lame and pathetic but I wanted it and with all the adoption expense, I didn't think we should spend money on this and a gift, so I just asked for this! :)
Skip rocks for getting you this!
I haven't even heard of that mop! I'll have to look it up. I hate mopping.
ReplyDeleteAnd you are not old and ridiculous. When I owned my own home I used to turn the sprinklers on when kids were walking home from school so they'd stay off my lawn. THAT is old and ridiculous.
How sweet of your hubby, too!
I haven't heard of that mop either, I am definitely going to have to check it out. Maybe it will actually make me enjoy mopping. :) If you are old and ridiculous then I am too, I get more excited about gifts for the house then gifts for me anymore.
ReplyDeleteAw, that's really sweet of the hubs! Don't feel old!!!
ReplyDelete