As you all know, this blog is called Mommy Musings. And while I sometimes blog about myself, or some sponsored posts, I mainly talk about my girls and being a mom. That's why I started this blog afterall. But today I'm going to take a break from all the mommy-ness and talk about my husband, my Skip. We've been together for ten years now, married for eight. I knew he was something very special the moment I met him. Our attraction towards each other was immediate, and after one night of meeting, we belonged only to each other. So our feelings, our desire to be together, that was the easy part. But it's not to say that our relationship has been easy. In the past decade we have dealt with long distance, the police academy, activation and a deployment, buying a dog, buying a condo, losing a friend, a few jobs for me, weird cop hours, a few cars, selling a condo, buying a house, two pregnancies, two beautiful baby girls, hard career decisio...
Happy Thursday everyone! I'll be honest, I almost didn't link up today. Mainly because there's really not much to report. Here's what I did: Thursday September 19 - none Friday - nothing Saturday - 2.5 mile walk Sunday - nada Monday - zip Tuesday - nothin' Wednesday - no thing Weekly Total - 2.5 August total - 31.4 Yeaaaaaah...so that whole 50, maybe 60 miles I was hoping for this month is not going to happen. In my defense, I seem to have come down with the plague and have been sick all week. Saturday was the only day I felt kind of normal. I always have trouble pushing myself when I have a cold to workout, and normally end up just sitting on the couch under a blanket instead. I really do miss working out though and will hopefully be able to get a little something done to finish out the month. What about you? Do you still workout when you're sick? How do you motivate yourself?
You are soooo lucky today readers as this guest post is by my mom! With over thirty years mom experience she is surely an expert on this topic and someone I frequently am asking questions to! She shares some of her very best advice here. Make sure to leave her some love and stop by her blog as well! I was delighted when Mommy Mandy accepted my offer to guest post on her blog. I am known as "The Mom" to Mandy - she is the middle child of my three daughters. Raising my girls has given me such profound happiness. I would like to just share some of what I have learned over the years, sort of a "What I know for sure" as Oprah says. Time goes much too fast . I know, I know - some of you are thinking will they ever sleep through the night, stop crying, do their homework themselves, or parallel park without hitting the curb? I learned early on to live in the moment. When my first child outgrew her 3 mo outfits I cried because tha...
Enjoy your day with M!!!!!
ReplyDeleteSO CUTE!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your day inside!
ReplyDeleteOoh I love couch days!!!
ReplyDeletecute! Have fun!
ReplyDeleteDon't worry, it's pretty much all I've been doing!
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful day with M!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds fantastic.
ReplyDeleteAnd you should get a sippy cup. Except with rum.