Before and After - Living and Family Rooms

One of the reasons I loved our house so much when we bought it was the fact that it has both a living room and a sun room.  They are separate rooms, but attached with a giant opening between them.  Since the ceiling in our basement is too low to ever be able to finish off the space, I was excited to have another family-type room.  However, I never seemed to get the right configuration of these two rooms.  I'm pretty sure I have changed them around about 46 times since we moved in three years ago!  But after last week's latest arrangement, I think I finally found the perfect set up!

First, here are some pictures of the rooms when we first moved in. 
The fireplace in the living room

Empty living room
Sun room

Larger view of sun room
Originally I made the sun room into our family room and kept the living room as a more formal space.  However, I didn't like that we hardly ever used the formal living room, and the family room {where we were entertaining guests since the TV was in there} was quickly being overrun by baby toys.  So a few months ago we decided to switch the spaces.  We moved the TV and our comfier couches into the living room and made the sun room a playroom/office space.  I could not be happier with the results now!  I am glad that we no longer have a room we never use and it's been great to keep all the toys in one room.  Having our office in the playroom has also enabled me to be able to pay bill, blog, etc. all while Little M is playing right next to me.  Here are the final results! {Please excuse the messes...I didn't clean up before taking the pictures}
Family room

We are in the process of searching for a new TV stand

Family room
Playroom

Playroom


Office area in the playroom
 I am glad to have this all done before we are a family with TWO kids and even more stuff!  What house projects have you been working on recently?

Comments

  1. Oh your house is such mess, lol. Love what you have with the space. I'm working on painting and accessories right now. I want to make this place perfect which means it will never be done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great Mandy!! BG's toys are quickly taking over our living room so our next house has to have two rooms like this. Girl needs a playroom!!

    And your house is a mess?!? You crazy chick. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! I like how the toys can be kind of out of sight since they're behind the main room. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Coming Out too...Will You?

I Will Fight You Pregnancy Hormones

It's time to say goodbye...