Miscellany Monday

I have so many things I want to post about, that I figured this was the best way to get them all down!

{one} Little known fact about me, I am technically a dual citizen of both America and England!  My dad was born and raised in England, only moving to America in his late twenties.  Because of this I'm classified as a dual citizen {I'm just too lazy to submit all the paperwork and get a British passport like my sister did}

{two} Because of this I obviously woke up at 5 am on Friday to watch the royal wedding.  I've been in love with Prince William since I was a kid and might have been just a tiny bit jealous of Kate {though I think my man is waaaaay better looking and didn't wait 8 years to put a ring on my finger, haha}  I loved everything about it...the dress....the ceremony....them driving away in their own car.  It was the perfect fairy tale.

{three} I was happy last night at the news that Navy Seals killed Osama bin Laden.  I hope it brings closure to the families of those lost on 9/11.  Let's be honest though.  It really doesn't change much.  Bin Laden hasn't really been in power for years and there are plenty of others to take his place.  I pray for the safety of the troops on the ground and that there is no retaliation for this.

{four} I, like most of you, have very strong political feelings towards our current and former President.  But the glory of bringing down the #1 terrorist in the world belongs to neither of them.  It was our brave troops who risked their lives to kill and capture bin Laden.  Let us focus on remembering that.

{five} I'm kind of embarrassed to admit that I learned of the news on Twitter last night.  It's pretty much the only way I know what's going on in the world these days.

{six} Only 7 weeks left of this pregnancy {wahoo} I just wish my nausea would get better and not worse {boo}

{seven} We took Little M to the allergist today for her yearly appointment.  We got some great news about her allergies that I will be sharing in a separate post.  She still is extremely allergic to peanuts, but we will be able to incorporate some new foods into her diet soon!

{eight} Today is Little M's *last* day in diapers!!  Tomorrow begins potty training bootcamp.  I'm scared and pretty much dreading the whole process, but it's time.  I'll be sure to write some more posts on it and our progress.

{nine} I really meant to post pictures of Little M's new room, but just keep forgetting to take pictures!  I promise I will do that this week.

{ten} My severe lack of consistent blogging, commenting, and emailing these days is a direct result of this pregnancy kicking my butt.  I have so much to say but no motivation to actually sit down and type any of it out.  I hope to get better soon!!

{eleven} I am soooo over this weather.  We've had about a handful of nice days and that's it.  It's MAY people...I shouldn't have to still run the heat in the mornings!!!

Hope you're all having a good Monday!

Comments

  1. I watched the wedding too! It was beautiful and perfect. That's cool that you're a dual citizen. You could work in GB if you ever wanted to. I think.

    Good luck with potty bootcamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What neat fact number one is! That is so neat that you are a dual citizen! I very much so agree with numbers three and four! I also learned the news on twitter before the speech came on. Good luck with potty training boot camp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the wedding! I was going to wake up at 4, but instead waited till 630. lol. I still dvr'd it...so I watched the whole thing later. :) We have finally had some nice days here...it was lik 75 today! I planted flowers, it was lovely! 7 weeks? Your almost there! Good luck with everything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool that you're a dual citizen! I can't believe that you woke up at 5am to watch the wedding! Although I must admit that I was not interested in it at all until the night before and then woke up the next morning and watched all the highlights! I loved her dress!

    I found out about Osama Bin Laden's death on Twitter too. In fact I found out when I read your update! And while I am so glad that they found him and he's no longer a threat, I also can't help but feel that this came at a horrible time. Obama is so going to run with his death and try to take credit for it during his re-election campaign. Blah. When the credit belongs to the military and those who put their lives on the line!

    I can't believe you're still feeling naseous! That is so horrible! At least baby is on his/her way soon! :)

    Good luck with potty training! You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Coming Out too...Will You?

I Will Fight You Pregnancy Hormones

The State of my Marriage