Lola
It is with a very heavy heart that I am writing this post today. I found out yesterday that Laura, or Lola as I first knew her in the blog world, is now being taken care of by hospice and is not expected to live much longer.
Lola's blog, Alis Volat Propriis {She Flies With Her Own Wings} was one of the first I found when I started blogging. Lola also followed my blog and we would leave messages back and forth to each other. She is a runner, an army wife, a cupcake lover, and just a wonderfully strong, upbeat woman. Ten months ago Lola went to the hospital because of some headaches spots of lights in her eyes...and her whole world was turned upside down. She was diagnosed with hypoplastic myelodysplastic sydrome and fought as hard as she could, but she is losing that fight now.
Please say a prayer for Laura, her husband, and her family during this devastating time. Her family has been updating her Caring Bridge site. You can click on the link if you want to leave a message for Laura and her family.
Lola, you will be missed as you will now "fly with your own wings" to heaven.
Lola's blog, Alis Volat Propriis {She Flies With Her Own Wings} was one of the first I found when I started blogging. Lola also followed my blog and we would leave messages back and forth to each other. She is a runner, an army wife, a cupcake lover, and just a wonderfully strong, upbeat woman. Ten months ago Lola went to the hospital because of some headaches spots of lights in her eyes...and her whole world was turned upside down. She was diagnosed with hypoplastic myelodyspla
Please say a prayer for Laura, her husband, and her family during this devastating time. Her family has been updating her Caring Bridge site. You can click on the link if you want to leave a message for Laura and her family.
Lola, you will be missed as you will now "fly with your own wings" to heaven.
Oh how heartbreaking. She and her husband are in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteso sad. Sending a prayer her way.
ReplyDeleteI used to treat patients with MDS.. It's very close to my heart- I made the mistake of heading over to Laura's caring bridge site and reading the latest post from her Dad.. needless to say I'm sitting here sobbing my eyes out. We will be praying for her and her family during this incredibly unfair and difficult time..
ReplyDeleteSo sad. Praying for her and her family.
ReplyDelete