One-on-One

When we were at the beach back in August, we decided to spend some special one on one time with Little M.  She has not been alone with both Skip and I since Baby C was born {with the exception of the few naps Baby C takes} so we thought this would be something she would really enjoy.

We dropped Baby C off with my older sister and headed to the beach for the morning!  It was nice to just spend some time focusing on Little M for a bit {though we missed Baby C terribly!}

We spent the majority of our time on the beach.  Little M loved running, digging, and playing in the sand.  We spent a lot of time showing her how to make sandcastles.  But her absolute favorite thing to do?  Play in the ocean!  Girlfriend was like a fish...all she wanted to do was jump and splash in the waves!  I spent hours and hours of my childhood playing in the ocean and I'm so excited that Little M shares my love of it! {even though all those Shark Week episodes I watched make me extremely slightly concerned about all our safety in the water}


Getting her legs buried in the sand

Our castle

Beachy pedicure


After we were good and sandy, we packed up and went back to the car to change and head out to lunch.  We went to my absolute favorite pizza place in the whole world!  It was obviously delicious.

Beach hair
After lunch we were going to do some shopping.  But since the weather was kinda crappy, it seemed like everyone from the island was milling around the stores.  So we decided to go to a little park right on the bay instead. {which I think Little M was much happier about}





Overall it was a really nice, relaxing day.  I'm glad we were able to spend some time with just Little M.  We'll have to continue to do this every once in a while, as well as spend some solo time with Baby C when she's older!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

30 Miles in 30 Days

Never Forget

Boundaries