One of Little M's new favorite things is playing with our webcam. They have some cool effects and she's a big fan of checking herself out with all these weird features. Here are some of her favorite pics!
As you all know, this blog is called Mommy Musings. And while I sometimes blog about myself, or some sponsored posts, I mainly talk about my girls and being a mom. That's why I started this blog afterall. But today I'm going to take a break from all the mommy-ness and talk about my husband, my Skip. We've been together for ten years now, married for eight. I knew he was something very special the moment I met him. Our attraction towards each other was immediate, and after one night of meeting, we belonged only to each other. So our feelings, our desire to be together, that was the easy part. But it's not to say that our relationship has been easy. In the past decade we have dealt with long distance, the police academy, activation and a deployment, buying a dog, buying a condo, losing a friend, a few jobs for me, weird cop hours, a few cars, selling a condo, buying a house, two pregnancies, two beautiful baby girls, hard career decisio...
There are so many things I want and need to blog about, but today the only thing on my mind is the Nor'easter heading straight for the tristate area. High winds, rain, snow, we're going to get it all. 400,000 people in NJ alone still don't have power, and they are predicting many more will lost it again. This is really going to set back the recovery effort and cause more damage. So while I hope to be back to regular blogging this week {well I guess that will depend on whether or not I lose power} but today all I can do is pray that we don't lose more than we already have! So if you can, I ask you say a quick prayer for NJ and the whole tri-state area. We really do appreciate it so much. And to all those still in Jersey, about to weather this storm? Remember to "Keep Calm and Stay Jersey Strong." Sidenote, I would love for someone to make a shirt out of this saying...let me know if you see any!
You are soooo lucky today readers as this guest post is by my mom! With over thirty years mom experience she is surely an expert on this topic and someone I frequently am asking questions to! She shares some of her very best advice here. Make sure to leave her some love and stop by her blog as well! I was delighted when Mommy Mandy accepted my offer to guest post on her blog. I am known as "The Mom" to Mandy - she is the middle child of my three daughters. Raising my girls has given me such profound happiness. I would like to just share some of what I have learned over the years, sort of a "What I know for sure" as Oprah says. Time goes much too fast . I know, I know - some of you are thinking will they ever sleep through the night, stop crying, do their homework themselves, or parallel park without hitting the curb? I learned early on to live in the moment. When my first child outgrew her 3 mo outfits I cried because tha...
webcams are so fun! love the one with the square head!
ReplyDeleteJust plain love it - made my day!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Photos! Sending some bloggy love from you new follower.
ReplyDeleteHope you'll follow me back too
http://iamblissfullyloved.blogspot.com/