Pause to Remember

The Soldier


It is the soldier, not the reporter,

who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet,

who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer,

who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier, not the lawyer,

who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is the soldier,

who salutes the flag,

who serves under the flag,

and whose coffin is draped by the flag,

who allows the protester to burn the flag.

By Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC




photo from google.com


As we all know, today is Veteran's Day. It is a day to remember and thank all the men and women who have selfless served our country in the armed services. I am so thankfully on this day for my husband. His courage, bravery, and willingness to put others first humbles me every day. Since we have survived a dangerous deployment together, I never take even one day that I have with him for granted. I am happy that he served and am so proud to be called his wife.


I have also sent a lot of other men off to war, and never forget their service for even one day.  They are all heroes and I'm honored to know them. 

So make sure to thank every veteran today, and keep them all in your heart.


 
Here are some of "My Boys"











Comments

  1. Thanks to your husband and all veterans - not just today, but every day. Beautiful post! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Coming Out too...Will You?

I Will Fight You Pregnancy Hormones

It's time to say goodbye...