Making Christmas Memories
With all the linking-up I've been doing with these ladies this week....
...you know I wouldn't miss linking-up with my girl AP over at I Love You More than Carrots for What Fun It Is to Make Memories!!
To me, Christmas is all about traditions. It always has been. As a young girl growing up, we always followed the same traditions every single year {okay maybe some of that was me making sure everyone was following the traditions exactly}
-My dad, sisters, and I going to pick out a real tree
-Decorating it as a family
-Decorating my Grandma's tree as a family
-Advent calenders
-Christmas Eve mass
-Big Christmas Eve buffet dinner that my dad had prepared
-Waking up at 6 am to open presents
It was a little sad when Skip and I got married and I realized that some of these traditions would have to change. And while that was sad, the flip side was that Skip and I could start making new traditions with each other...and then with our girls once they came along!!
I admit, some things have been hard to keep constant since Skip is pretty much always working the holiday, but we do the best we can. Some of the traditions we have started as a family are:
-Decorating the tree together
- Advent calendars
- Elf on the Shelf
- Driving around at night to look at Christmas lights
- Each person gets a new ornamnent at the beginning of the year
- Each girl gets to open a pair of jammies and a new Christmas book on Christmas Eve
- Skip and I open our gifts to each other on Christmas Eve
- Our annual Christmas party {well except for the past two years}
- Watching as many Christmas movies as possible
So what are you family Christmas traditions?
...you know I wouldn't miss linking-up with my girl AP over at I Love You More than Carrots for What Fun It Is to Make Memories!!
To me, Christmas is all about traditions. It always has been. As a young girl growing up, we always followed the same traditions every single year {okay maybe some of that was me making sure everyone was following the traditions exactly}
-My dad, sisters, and I going to pick out a real tree
-Decorating it as a family
-Decorating my Grandma's tree as a family
-Advent calenders
-Christmas Eve mass
-Big Christmas Eve buffet dinner that my dad had prepared
-Waking up at 6 am to open presents
It was a little sad when Skip and I got married and I realized that some of these traditions would have to change. And while that was sad, the flip side was that Skip and I could start making new traditions with each other...and then with our girls once they came along!!
I admit, some things have been hard to keep constant since Skip is pretty much always working the holiday, but we do the best we can. Some of the traditions we have started as a family are:
-Decorating the tree together
- Advent calendars
- Elf on the Shelf
- Driving around at night to look at Christmas lights
- Each person gets a new ornamnent at the beginning of the year
- Each girl gets to open a pair of jammies and a new Christmas book on Christmas Eve
- Skip and I open our gifts to each other on Christmas Eve
- Our annual Christmas party {well except for the past two years}
- Watching as many Christmas movies as possible
So what are you family Christmas traditions?

So many of our traditions are so similar! Love it!! Thanks so much for linking up and sharing!
ReplyDelete