Mother's Day and National Police Week

As we all know, yesterday was Mother's Day.  Skip was able to take off of work, and I had a lovely, relaxing day with these two sweet girls. 


But what many people might not know, is that yesterday was also the start of National Police Week. 


found on Google.com
"In 1962, President John F. Kennedy signed a proclamation which designated May 15th as Peace Officers Memorial Day and the week in which that date falls as Police Week. Currently, tens of thousands of law enforcement officers from around the world converge on Washington, DC to participate in a number of planned events which honor those that have paid the ultimate sacrifice."found here

found on Google.com
I think it's very important that we always remember and honor our men and women in blue.  So this week I thought it would be fun to have several guest posters, all family members of those in law enforcement.  They will share their experiences on being the wife or daughter of a cop.  Make sure to come back and check them out!
found on Google.com

Comments

  1. Very cool! I know I've mentioned before that my dad is a retired cop so I know what it's like to be a daughter to a cop and always look forward to other people's stories. My family is full of military as well as cops/firefighters. It must run in our blood :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I can't wait to read these posts! From a cop's granddaughter, daugther and wifey I think I have all the angles down.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Coming Out too...Will You?

I Will Fight You Pregnancy Hormones

It's time to say goodbye...