Liberty Science Center review and GIVEAWAY!!

I was so excited when I was contacted recently about doing a review of Liberty Science Center in Liberty State Park, Jersey City.  I had been there a few times as a kid, but had not yet gone since they did a major renovation a few years ago.  I knew Emmy would totally get a kick out of it as well...and Skip had never been!

According to their website, "Liberty Science Center {LSC.org} is a 300,000-square-foot learning center located in Liberty State Park on the Jersey City bank of the Hudson near the Statue of Liberty.  Dedicated to bringing the excitement of science to people of all ages. Liberty Science Center houses seven museum exhibition halls, a 3D theater, the nation's largest IMAX Dome Theater, live simulcast surgeries, tornado and hurricane-force wind simulators, K-12 classrooms and labs, and teacher-development programs. 600,000 students, teachers, and parents visit the center each year, and tens of thousands more benefit from the center's offsite and online programs.

Before we headed out yesterday, I made sure to go on the center's website to check things out.  It is so clear and thorough; I was easily able to quickly look and answer all questions I had.  I was able to browse through and pick out the events and exhibitions I thought would be best for us {made so easy by their age guide listed under each description}.  We had a plan and were ready to go!

As I said, I had been to LSC when I was a kid, but it was nothing like it is now.  It is four flours with exhibitions spaced all around so it never really feels that crowded.  It is stroller and wheelchair friendly, so Charlie was able to easily come with us!

First we checked out all of the animal exhibits.  Emmy loves looking at all creatures!


They even had a touch tank where she could "pet" all the animals they had on display!

Then we headed to the I Explore exhibition, which is geared for kids ages 2-5...perfect!  It is roped off in a special section with a staff member standing at the entrance {so you don't have to worry about your kid taking off} and a private bathroom and nursing room located inside.  {This place is so family friendly}  This was the girls favorite place.  They were free to run about and try out all these different experiments themselves.  Even Charlie got in on the action!



We spent about an hour and a half wandering around looking at everything age-appropriate for the girls.  The major of the center is really more for older kids, so it will be great to bring the girls back every year and see what new things they like then!

One of my favorite parts of the center is a balcony area they have off the fourth floor with the *perfect* view of lower Manhattan.  I'm a sucker for the skyline and love seeing the progress of the Freedom Tower.  We rounded out our trip with some pictures out there!


As you can see, we really enjoyed our time at Liberty Science Center.  But here's the best part...I'm giving away two complimentary passes!!!  Just leave a comment telling me your favorite kind of science {biology, chemistry, archeology, etc} Contest will go through Monday July 30th!!



Disclaimer: I was given free passes for my family to go to Liberty Science Center to complete this review.  All opinions are my own.

Comments

  1. 2nd comment..first one didn't show up for some reason. My favorite sciences are biology and anthropology. Biology because it's the study of life in all forms, and anthropology because it's the study of humans & their social organizations, culture and evolution. Both fascinating sciences! Would love to take my 2 1/2 (almost 3) yr old nephew to this museum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too far of a trip for me to win but I LOVED going there as a kid!!! I haven't been since the renovation but it was great even before. I lost a tooth in the touch tunnel because I crashed into a wall. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait to take my girls there- perhaps I forsee a meet up there in our future!! You look stunning and I'm so glad you guys had a great time! xox

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Coming Out too...Will You?

I Will Fight You Pregnancy Hormones

It's time to say goodbye...