A Day at West Point

This weekend I was so lucky to get to spend some time with my cousin and one of my best friends and his son.  They are two of "my boys" who I watched go through West Point and then deployments to Iraq.  We were able to catch up, reminisce, meet up with old friends I hadn't seen in many many years.  It was another weekend of blessings, of thanking God these boys came home from the wars.

Friday night was spent at a dinner, mingling with those not seen in years, feeling the years pass away, forgetting for a moment that over a decade had gone by, we have all been through a lot, we're all different people than back when they graduated.  I was honored to tag along and be a part of it.

After staying up way too late {and my kids deciding not to sleep much at all} B and I packed up Emmy and her boyfriend and headed up to West Point for the day to meet up with some family and old friends.

I cannot begin to describe what a wonderful, refreshing, much needed day it was.  We were unscheduled with our plans and just let everything flow.  We were able to see and do everything we wanted to.  The kids were amazing and had no complaints when we made them walk miles and miles over campus and climb through the woods on more than one occasion.  Lunch was pushed back, naps forgotten, and so many memories made.

I got to catch up with more old friends, meet some new, and see so many parts of West Point I'd never seen.  We took every opportunity to capture a picture, told stories, laughed, and just ENJOYED.  It was awesome.

They held hands everywhere

Taking the scenic route

We were SO high up!

Emmy wanted to take a picture of us!

Cave exploring

"1, 2, 3 fire!"

Love this girl

Such a gorgeous day

And gorgeous views



I may still feel 19, but things look a little different these days:)

My boys

Seriously, too stinkin cute
Also, as Emmy was going to bed Saturday night, she kissed her Florida boyfriend right on the mouth....sigh...the teenage years are going to be rough.


Saturday night was spent back out our house, babies in bed, having some "adult time".  We stayed up way passed our bedtimes, recounting old stories and laughing till our sides hurt.  The whole day was one I'll keep in my memories forever.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Coming Out too...Will You?

I Will Fight You Pregnancy Hormones

It's time to say goodbye...