Celebrating my Veteran

Skip had to work a double shift starting in the afternoon on Veteran's Day {boo!} so the girls and I wanted to make the morning as special as possible.

We had a relaxing breakfast and lazed about for a bit in the morning.  Then Emmy went off to her usual Sunday time at Grandmom's house, and Charlie and I headed out with Skip for lunch.  Every year so many companies offer discounts, free meals, etc to our military on Veteran's Day.  It is such a wonderful practice and we love to take advantage!

Normally we go to Applebees, but it's normally pretty crowded on Veteran's Day.  And since this year it fell on a Sunday, I knew it would be standing room only.

So instead we headed up to the Olive Garden, who was giving each veteran a free meal from a special menu.  {and Charlie and I had a gift card to cover our meals, wahoo!} 

You never can tell what kind of dining out experience you're going to get with Charlie these days, as most of her verbal skills come in the form of screaming as loud as possible.  But we truly had a wonderful time together.  Good food, a little special one-on-one time with Charlie, and celebrating all my man has done for our country.  Just a perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon.







Comments

  1. glad y'all had a good lunch! pretty cool olive garden was doing that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Coming Out too...Will You?

I Will Fight You Pregnancy Hormones

It's time to say goodbye...