Mail for our Troops!
When Jody put out on Twitter the other day that she was looking for people who blog and who want to support our troops, I immediately thought there was no one better than me!!!
One of Jody's good friends is currently deployed, and with the holidays quickly approaching, that fact is starting to weigh heavily on her heart.
Many people forget that we are still currently at war, but so many men and women will be deployed during the holidays this year.
Obviously I went through a deployment with both Skip and many good friends. And as much as I would have mailed myself to Iraq if it was possible {it wasn't...I looked into it} the next best thing was sending them good old fashioned letters. Handwritten, typed out, card form, a little sentence scratched onto a scrap of paper. It didn't matter what form it came in, as long as it was just a little something to brighten their day.
I am lucky now to not know anyone currently deployed, but I can still very much empathize with what they are going through.
So what's this whole post about? I'll let Jody explain it herself:
I would LOVE if you would join me in this if you have time to spare. Make some cards, write a little note even. Nothing fancy, just to show appreciation. If you would like to participate in this then send me an e-mail and I can give you the address of where to send the cards and I will ship them all out in bulk closer to the holidays! If you don't have time to write out any cards and want to help in another, you could even send some blank note cards my way and I will write them out. If you have troops that you know that you would like to send cards to yourself, I encourage that as well!
So get out your best stationary, and get to writing!! I would love for each and every one of my readers to open their hearts and write just one letter this holiday season. Check out Jody's blog so you can email her for more details!
One of Jody's good friends is currently deployed, and with the holidays quickly approaching, that fact is starting to weigh heavily on her heart.
Many people forget that we are still currently at war, but so many men and women will be deployed during the holidays this year.
Obviously I went through a deployment with both Skip and many good friends. And as much as I would have mailed myself to Iraq if it was possible {it wasn't...I looked into it} the next best thing was sending them good old fashioned letters. Handwritten, typed out, card form, a little sentence scratched onto a scrap of paper. It didn't matter what form it came in, as long as it was just a little something to brighten their day.
I am lucky now to not know anyone currently deployed, but I can still very much empathize with what they are going through.
So what's this whole post about? I'll let Jody explain it herself:
I would LOVE if you would join me in this if you have time to spare. Make some cards, write a little note even. Nothing fancy, just to show appreciation. If you would like to participate in this then send me an e-mail and I can give you the address of where to send the cards and I will ship them all out in bulk closer to the holidays! If you don't have time to write out any cards and want to help in another, you could even send some blank note cards my way and I will write them out. If you have troops that you know that you would like to send cards to yourself, I encourage that as well!
So get out your best stationary, and get to writing!! I would love for each and every one of my readers to open their hearts and write just one letter this holiday season. Check out Jody's blog so you can email her for more details!
Thank you so much for this post Mandy! I am so grateful for your help and support with this. :) Let's hope we can put smiles on some soldiers faces this season.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing this! I don't currently follow Jody's blog so I didn't know about this.
ReplyDeleteI would LOVE to help out...