Like a Star-Struck Teenager

It's a weird in between life we're living right now.  We are all trying to move on, move forward.  But at any instant, some tiny little reminder will send us spiraling back into our grief.

Something we have learned already, is that while we need to take time to ride the wave of grief, we also need to make room for a little happiness in our lives as well.  Over the weekend Skip and I planned out a few things we wanted to do to cheer ourselves up.

One of my "happy things" took place last night and involved this book.



Unless you're brand new here, you know I am the biggest Giants fan ever.  Seriously.  And I will try and meet a Giants player pretty much any way I can...games, draft day party at the stadium, book signings...you get the idea.
Completely star struck 

In the past I have waited for three hours at a book signing for Tiki Barber, four for Michael Strahan, and another three and a half or so for Tiki again when I was 39 weeks 2 days pregnant with Emmy.
Tiki, me, and Emmy in my belly


Crazy?  Possibly.  But I love the Giants so much that meeting these guys to me is like meeting the Beibs to any star-struck teenage girl. 

So when I found out that Tom Coughlin had a new book out, and would be signing copies of it a mere fifteen minutes away, you know I had to be there.

Skip offered to stay home with the girls, and I headed out with our friend B.  We only had to wait a little over an hour, which was much less than I anticipated.  Every second was worth it.  

I was able to chat with Coach Coughlin for a minute, got my books signed, and even got a picture!  

B getting his book signed

Think he'll put me on the team?


I should probably be embarrassed over just how excited and nervous I was, but I'm not one bit.  Plus?  It was nice to smile for a little while....

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this so much! I love your love for the Giants. I had no idea you were so hardcore ;-) I'm glad you found something fun to do to help during such a hard time. I am still thinking about you guys and lifting you up, hopefully the Giants make a good run for the Super Bowl next year so we have a lot to cheer about!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Coming Out too...Will You?

I Will Fight You Pregnancy Hormones

It's time to say goodbye...