ER Trip #2
Oh my sweet Charlie Bear. My littlest is definitely responsible for all the grey hairs I have coming in recently.
Last Thursday night {after spending the entire day making sure she didn't dive bomb off some piece of furniture she was climbing on} Skip and I turned our backs for one second and the next thing we knew poor Charlie had fallen off the edge of the couch.
Tiny bump on the head and a little chocolate and she was back to normal. Though with my luck I should definitely have some rug cleaner on hand before giving her any chocolate in the living room.
Then on Friday, I came home from a run around 6. I took Charlie upstairs to change her diaper. While we were up there, I noticed she was wheezing a little. She also had a runny nose and felt a touch warm. We snuggled on the couch till bedtime, then brought her upstairs to go to sleep. She was pretty fussy, and starting to cough a little strangely, but we got her to go down okay.
Just a few minutes later though, she was up crying and coughing more. A cough I had never heard in my almost five years of parenting. After a quick discussion with Skip and a call to my mom to watch Emmy, we were practically running out the door to the ER.
Not five minutes after we walked in, the doctor heard her cough and immediately said "She has croup". I felt so sad for my little girl, but at least they were able to diagnose her. They also said she had a double ear infection on top of everything else.
A steroid, breathing treatment, and a prescription for an antibiotic later, we were on our way home. Thankfully the breathing treatment helped her right away and she only woke up once that night.
Now sweet Charlie, I know you don't want to fall into the whole forgotten second child thing, but can we please stay out of the ER for a while? Two visits in a few months is too much for my momma heart.
Last Thursday night {after spending the entire day making sure she didn't dive bomb off some piece of furniture she was climbing on} Skip and I turned our backs for one second and the next thing we knew poor Charlie had fallen off the edge of the couch.
Tiny bump on the head and a little chocolate and she was back to normal. Though with my luck I should definitely have some rug cleaner on hand before giving her any chocolate in the living room.
Then on Friday, I came home from a run around 6. I took Charlie upstairs to change her diaper. While we were up there, I noticed she was wheezing a little. She also had a runny nose and felt a touch warm. We snuggled on the couch till bedtime, then brought her upstairs to go to sleep. She was pretty fussy, and starting to cough a little strangely, but we got her to go down okay.
Just a few minutes later though, she was up crying and coughing more. A cough I had never heard in my almost five years of parenting. After a quick discussion with Skip and a call to my mom to watch Emmy, we were practically running out the door to the ER.
Not five minutes after we walked in, the doctor heard her cough and immediately said "She has croup". I felt so sad for my little girl, but at least they were able to diagnose her. They also said she had a double ear infection on top of everything else.
A steroid, breathing treatment, and a prescription for an antibiotic later, we were on our way home. Thankfully the breathing treatment helped her right away and she only woke up once that night.
Now sweet Charlie, I know you don't want to fall into the whole forgotten second child thing, but can we please stay out of the ER for a while? Two visits in a few months is too much for my momma heart.
Oh my! Sorry to hear. :( Thankfully we've never dealt with croup but I hear it's vicious.
ReplyDeleteI hope Charlie is on her way to 110% health!
Awww poor thing! I hope she feels better soon!
ReplyDeleteThat croup cough was the worst! I hope she calms it down for a bit.
ReplyDeletehope she is better soon!
ReplyDeleteI hope she's feeling better!
ReplyDelete