Obligatory Easter Post

I'll be honest, I was not really looking forward to Easter this year.  We had this holiday looming over us since my MIL passed away...the first holiday without her.  If it were up to me, we would have just by-passed the day all together.

But I know that's not what my MIL would have wanted.  Plus we had the kids to think about.  So we forged on and did the best we could.  Plus the fact that Skip was actually off on a holiday! was reason enough to celebrate a little. 

We hid the eggs, filled the baskets, and left a little indicator that the Easter Bunny had stopped by during the night



The girls were very excited to come down in the morning, look through their baskets, and hunt around the house for some eggs.






Once all the eggs were accounted for, we got dressed in our best and headed out to spend the day with my in-laws.
Best/only picture I got of the two of them in their dresses. 
The girls had such a good time running around with their cousin.  There were more baskets, more eggs to find, and plenty of food to eat.  We all had a really nice time, with my MIL always at the forefront of our minds.  
Easter gymnastics, obvi


Cheeks full of Swedish Fish
The following three I grabbed from my SIL..forgot to take any pics with my good camera!



We headed home in the early evening, and I think it's safe to say the girls had plenty of fun.



We had a light dinner at home in our jammies and spent the rest of the night snuggling on the couch.  



Despite what we've all been going through the passed few weeks, we had a really nice day.  The kids had way too many jelly beans, and bellies hurting from laughter.  And as long as they're happy at the ends of the day, that's all that matters.

How was your Easter?

Comments

  1. Happy Easter! Love the little bunny footprints!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it was a rough day but the girls look like they had a blast! And I love the big pink easter hat. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Coming Out too...Will You?

I Will Fight You Pregnancy Hormones

It's time to say goodbye...