Summer School - Writing Practice

As I said yesterday, Emmy is officially on summer break now.  And I am all about kids being kids in the summertime.  Hot sticky bodies, running barefoot in the grass, days spent in bathing suits, ice cream for dinner.  I love the unstructured schedules, sleeping in, staying up late, no where to be but outside.

However, as a former teacher, I also know the importance of continually reviewing the information children learned over the year.  Three months is a long time and I don't want Emmy to lose any of the momentum she was gaining in school.  I do work with the girls on certain educational activities during the year as it is, but I wanted to do something a little more formal this summer.

Obviously, I turned to Pinterest first.  I found this pin and went to go check it out.

This website was exactly the type of thing I was looking for.  You can type in any name, word, or sentence that you want, and then print out the sheet.  So easy!!

I started Emmy out with her name, Mommy, and Daddy the first day.  Then moved on to Charlie's name, our last name, and Shiba.  For right now we just do three sheets a day.  I'll work through all the family names and our address before working up to other words and sentences.

Writing, letters, and words is what I'm going to focus on in June.  July will be numbers and some simple math.  Not sure what we're doing in August yet.

What about you?  Do you do summer work with your kids?  What are your favorite websites?

Comments

  1. This is great! i wanted to start my son early too so this is really inspiring.

    Delightful Ideas
    Bag Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. this makes my future elementary teacher heart happy :) I'm such a believer that children of all ages need to be doing some sort of learning in the summer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Coming Out too...Will You?

I Will Fight You Pregnancy Hormones

It's time to say goodbye...