Spicy Sausage Pasta...made even spicier!!
So for months now I've been hearing a lot of you ladies on Twitter talking about this Spicy Sausage Pasta recipe. Apparently it was amazing and families gobble it up like there's no tomorrow.
I like to follow the crowd once in a while, so I thought I'd check it out. I found a recipe on Pinterest, which was adapted from The Best Simple Recipes cookbook. Last week I actually managed to check the recipe before I went food shopping, so I got everything I needed.
The verdict? OMGthisrecipereallyisasdeliciousaseveryonesaidifnotmore. {that's me talking really fast like I'm excited} Seriously, so so good. I'm pretty sure I ate a whole plate's worth before I was even done cooking it. Skip also, HUGE fan. We didn't try and give it to the girlsmainly because I refused to share with anyone else.
I'm including my recipe below, because I tweaked and changed a few things.
Spicy Sausage Pasta
-Olive oil
-1 lb of smoked sausage {which I had never had before and loved...and so much easier to cut than traditional sausage links}sliced
-1 medium onion chopped
-A whole lot of garlic {less if you're not a huge fan}
-2 cups of chicken broth
-1 (10 oz) can Ro-Tel tomatoes and green chiles, Mild
-1/2 cup of milk {other recipe says cream, but I forgot to get that. Milk worked fine}
-1 lb pasta {the other recipe called for 8 oz. I like to stretch my meals out as much as I canbecause I'm cheap so I added a whole box. Made for a lot of leftovers!
-Salt and pepper to taste
-Pepper Jack Cheese {the other recipe uses Monterey Jack cheese but I like a lot of kick} I honestly can't remember how much I used. 8 oz? 16 oz? I shredded a big block of it. You can really just eye ball how much you need.
Directions:
Heat oil in skillet {or pot} until just smoking. Add sausage and onion and cook until lightly brown. Add in garlic.
Add tomatoes, chicken broth, milk, salt, pepper, and DRY pasta {that is the best part} Bring to boil, then cover and reduce heat. Simmer until pasta is cooked {about 15-20 minutes}
Melt shredded cheese all over the top. {the other recipe then said to put the whole thing under the broiler. I'm lazy so I didn't do that}
Enjoy!!
Now go make this tonight....go!!
I like to follow the crowd once in a while, so I thought I'd check it out. I found a recipe on Pinterest, which was adapted from The Best Simple Recipes cookbook. Last week I actually managed to check the recipe before I went food shopping, so I got everything I needed.
The verdict? OMGthisrecipereallyisasdeliciousaseveryonesaidifnotmore. {that's me talking really fast like I'm excited} Seriously, so so good. I'm pretty sure I ate a whole plate's worth before I was even done cooking it. Skip also, HUGE fan. We didn't try and give it to the girls
I'm including my recipe below, because I tweaked and changed a few things.
Spicy Sausage Pasta
-Olive oil
-1 lb of smoked sausage {which I had never had before and loved...and so much easier to cut than traditional sausage links}sliced
-1 medium onion chopped
-A whole lot of garlic {less if you're not a huge fan}
-2 cups of chicken broth
-1 (10 oz) can Ro-Tel tomatoes and green chiles, Mild
-1/2 cup of milk {other recipe says cream, but I forgot to get that. Milk worked fine}
-1 lb pasta {the other recipe called for 8 oz. I like to stretch my meals out as much as I can
-Salt and pepper to taste
-Pepper Jack Cheese {the other recipe uses Monterey Jack cheese but I like a lot of kick} I honestly can't remember how much I used. 8 oz? 16 oz? I shredded a big block of it. You can really just eye ball how much you need.
Directions:
Heat oil in skillet {or pot} until just smoking. Add sausage and onion and cook until lightly brown. Add in garlic.
Add tomatoes, chicken broth, milk, salt, pepper, and DRY pasta {that is the best part} Bring to boil, then cover and reduce heat. Simmer until pasta is cooked {about 15-20 minutes}
Melt shredded cheese all over the top. {the other recipe then said to put the whole thing under the broiler. I'm lazy so I didn't do that}
Enjoy!!
Now go make this tonight....go!!
That looks/sounds amazing! Can't wait to try it!
ReplyDeleteThis looks amazing! I'm pinning it for sure!
ReplyDeletethis look delish!
ReplyDeleteTalk about perfect timing, we were in Costco this weekend and they had samples of spicy sausage and I can't stop thinking about it! Looks like I'm making some pasta to go with it! YUM!!
ReplyDelete