Random Musings
Happy Wednesday everyone! Though it feels more like Monday around here as Skip just started back on the day shift after being off for two days. Thankfully he'll be off on Sunday though!! And that's all that matters;)
Skip keeps asking me what I want to do on Mother's Day, but I really have no clue! I'm thinking I just want to relax with my little family...and maybe eat some cupcakes.
After a few mishaps trying to order it from Target online, the ever coveted Elsa dress is in our house! I'm not one to go crazy trying to get the it toy for the girls, but with this I made an exception. Emmy only asked for it once, a few weeks ago, and never nagged us about it after. Plus, with our upcoming trip to Disney {with Fast Passes for meeting Elsa and Ana!} and a princess dinner at the local children's museum soon, I knew it would make her day. It was definitely worth all the hassle when I saw her face light up:)
We have officially been 'patching it' for a week now with Charlie. She is definitely improving every day. She still fusses when we first put it on her, but she is fussing much less during the two hours each day. We do have to keep a very close eye on her, as occasionally she'll try and take it off early. This has resulted in lots of extra snuggles....which I'm definitely not complaining about;-)
My bestie and I went out to dinner the other night. She is officially full term with her first baby and we're doing everything we can to jump start labor! So spicy food was definitely on the menu. It was so nice to spend some time with her...and I didn't have to put the girls to bed! Score! {it's only me they want for bedtime, so this is a rare occurrence that I can slip out}
Spring pictures came home from school the other day. Emmy looks so big to me here! Love her little hand on her hip!
Emmy was up at 5 today, crying about how much she missed Skip {he was still home} and Charlie had thrown a huge tantrum before 8:00 am. Coffee and M&Ms are going to have to help me get through this day.
Watching Live with Kelly and Michael is one of my favorite parts of the morning. After watching him tackle people for so long, it's a little weird to see him cooking and interviewing celebrities. I just love their dynamic though! Skip and I are hoping to get tickets and head in this summer to see them live!
Charlie took a looong nap the other day, and was still sleeping when Emmy got home from school. Skip headed up to nap as well, so I got to spend some alone time with my biggest. I don't get that much alone time with her these days, so I soaked up every second.
I'm starting to set aside things to pack for Disney as it's only a month away!! This makes me super excited, but also a little anxious. We have so much to do before then!! Better get organized now!
I'm sure this is a wildly unpopular opinion, but I just don't understand this Beach Body obsession these days. I am all for people getting healthy, working out, and eating well. I have never understood the shake obsession {I am just not a fan of drinking my calories I guess} or spending tons of $$$ on workout videos. Guess this is just the latest fad in weight loss.
In the complete opposite of healthy eating, carnival season has begun around here! Skip took Emmy last night and they had a blast! Plus they brought back some amazing zeppolis for me. I will not admit to just how many I ate last night.
My left knee has hurt on and off for about a year now. I injured it running, and the pain seems to come and go. I just ice it, pop on my brace, and it's normally better the next day. I seem to have hurt it a little worse on my run the other day, and I can't seem to shake the pain this time. I was thinking of signing up for a 10K on Memorial Day, but I don't want to really hurt it trying to train, so I think I'll put that off for a while.
I'm very sad to see Christina leave Grey's Anatomy. I think she's consistently been one of the strongest characters on the show. I was so happy to see Dr. Burke come back last week. I have missed them together so much!!
Can we all make a pact to stop posting pictures online of your kid on the toilet and bathtub? Besides the embarrassing factor when they get older, there are just way too many sick people out there. Keep those pics for yourself!
Despite the rough start I'm going to attempt to make this a great day. Time to get dinner in the crock pot! Have a great day!
Skip keeps asking me what I want to do on Mother's Day, but I really have no clue! I'm thinking I just want to relax with my little family...and maybe eat some cupcakes.
After a few mishaps trying to order it from Target online, the ever coveted Elsa dress is in our house! I'm not one to go crazy trying to get the it toy for the girls, but with this I made an exception. Emmy only asked for it once, a few weeks ago, and never nagged us about it after. Plus, with our upcoming trip to Disney {with Fast Passes for meeting Elsa and Ana!} and a princess dinner at the local children's museum soon, I knew it would make her day. It was definitely worth all the hassle when I saw her face light up:)
We have officially been 'patching it' for a week now with Charlie. She is definitely improving every day. She still fusses when we first put it on her, but she is fussing much less during the two hours each day. We do have to keep a very close eye on her, as occasionally she'll try and take it off early. This has resulted in lots of extra snuggles....which I'm definitely not complaining about;-)
My bestie and I went out to dinner the other night. She is officially full term with her first baby and we're doing everything we can to jump start labor! So spicy food was definitely on the menu. It was so nice to spend some time with her...and I didn't have to put the girls to bed! Score! {it's only me they want for bedtime, so this is a rare occurrence that I can slip out}
Spring pictures came home from school the other day. Emmy looks so big to me here! Love her little hand on her hip!
Emmy was up at 5 today, crying about how much she missed Skip {he was still home} and Charlie had thrown a huge tantrum before 8:00 am. Coffee and M&Ms are going to have to help me get through this day.
Watching Live with Kelly and Michael is one of my favorite parts of the morning. After watching him tackle people for so long, it's a little weird to see him cooking and interviewing celebrities. I just love their dynamic though! Skip and I are hoping to get tickets and head in this summer to see them live!
Charlie took a looong nap the other day, and was still sleeping when Emmy got home from school. Skip headed up to nap as well, so I got to spend some alone time with my biggest. I don't get that much alone time with her these days, so I soaked up every second.
I'm starting to set aside things to pack for Disney as it's only a month away!! This makes me super excited, but also a little anxious. We have so much to do before then!! Better get organized now!
I'm sure this is a wildly unpopular opinion, but I just don't understand this Beach Body obsession these days. I am all for people getting healthy, working out, and eating well. I have never understood the shake obsession {I am just not a fan of drinking my calories I guess} or spending tons of $$$ on workout videos. Guess this is just the latest fad in weight loss.
In the complete opposite of healthy eating, carnival season has begun around here! Skip took Emmy last night and they had a blast! Plus they brought back some amazing zeppolis for me. I will not admit to just how many I ate last night.
My left knee has hurt on and off for about a year now. I injured it running, and the pain seems to come and go. I just ice it, pop on my brace, and it's normally better the next day. I seem to have hurt it a little worse on my run the other day, and I can't seem to shake the pain this time. I was thinking of signing up for a 10K on Memorial Day, but I don't want to really hurt it trying to train, so I think I'll put that off for a while.
I'm very sad to see Christina leave Grey's Anatomy. I think she's consistently been one of the strongest characters on the show. I was so happy to see Dr. Burke come back last week. I have missed them together so much!!
Can we all make a pact to stop posting pictures online of your kid on the toilet and bathtub? Besides the embarrassing factor when they get older, there are just way too many sick people out there. Keep those pics for yourself!
Despite the rough start I'm going to attempt to make this a great day. Time to get dinner in the crock pot! Have a great day!





The girls look so cute! I'm glad Charlie is warming up to her patch. She's the sweetest pirate ever.
ReplyDeleteI also can't get on the Beach Body obsession train. I understand that it works for some people but some other people just get roped into it because it looks appealing. You hit the nail on the head when you said it's just another fad. Shakes or no shakes, you need to work out if you want to lose weight. It seems like every few months there is some blogger shilling shakes, Advocare, wraps, etc...it's all just the flavor of the month.
Lucky you on the Elsa dress, those things are super hard to get. And I can't lie..I kinda am dying for one for my 1 year old. Or maybe for myself. Is that bad?
ReplyDelete