An Untypical Christmas

Christmas Day this year was one of the most relaxing we've ever had.  Skip was originally supposed to work the afternoon/evening shift, but last minute was able to take off.  I can't tell you how amazing it was to have him home!  We decided to spend the day with just our little family of four.

First, we woke up super early to open gifts.  The girls were amazed with all that Santa brought, and both got the one gift they really wanted.



Once the house was sufficiently covered in wrapping paper, we all got ready and headed out to church.  {I won't tell you how long it's been since we went to church on Christmas as a family} and both girls were really well behaved.

We came home for naps and playing with new toys!  Skip and I were more than happy to pass out on the couch for a bit...Christmas as a parent is exhausting!!

We made the girls some noodles for dinner, and then once they were asleep, we ordered some Chinese and watched a movie...like all good Catholics do;)

It wasn't a typical Christmas, but it was relaxing and full of magic and love...what else could you ask for?

Comments

  1. We totally ordered Chinese food on Christmas day too!! Glad we weren't the only ones ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So glad you could spend it together as a family!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Coming Out too...Will You?

I Will Fight You Pregnancy Hormones

It's time to say goodbye...