Goodbye Kindergarten
It was a big day around here yesterday. Emmy finished up her last day of kindergarten! {they don't call it graduating at her school}. This has probably been the toughest year for her. There was homework every day, mandatory computer time at home, and she dealt with a teacher change in the middle of the year. Her first teacher had a baby in the winter, and went on maternity leave for a few weeks. Thankfully the teacher who filled in for her was fabulous, but it has been a lot of adjustments for Emmy.
Her class had a special ceremony at school we all got to go to. Thankfully Skip was actually off for it! They all had lines for their play about the gingerbread man and sang a whole bunch of songs. It was adorable. They did receive certificates from the priest. I didn't cry, but I may have been able to picture her doing this a few years from now at her 8th grade graduation. And I realized just how quickly that will come.
But here we are. She's all done. She is now officially a first grader. I'm excited to have her home for the summer and just as excited to not have to make school lunches anymore. It's our last summer before both girls are in school full-time, and I plan on enjoying every second of it.
I absolutely loved how special Emmy felt yesterday. She told everyone she saw that she was "a graduate" {I'm not sure why though, like I said they don't call it a graduation} but it was adorable. I also had to jump at the opportunity for a good compare/contrast. Me on the left circa 1988 and Emmy yesterday in my old gown:
Congratulations Emmy....we are so proud!

Congratulations, Emmy!!!
ReplyDeleteShe is so cute!