Washington DC - Day 1
The Sunday before our anniversary, Skip and I got the girls up early to head down to my parents' house. We were dropping them off there for a little Grandmom/Grandad time while we were away. We got them settled, then headed out!
On our way down, we stopped to visit some friends we hadn't seen in a while. It was nice to hang out with friends during the day, without our girls in tow! We were back on the road in the afternoon and proceeded to sit in traffic for quite some time.
We finally checked into our hotel around 7:00 pm {the Holiday Inn Capital, which was wonderful and so close to everything} and immediately hit the ground running. I'd heard that seeing the monuments at night were really amazing, and I was excited to see it.
We walked to The Mall, and strolled along it. I fell in love with the Washington Monument at first sight.
We spent some time at the World War II Memorial, and the Vietnam Memorial.
We walked along the Reflecting Pool and up to the Lincoln Memorial.
On our way down, we stopped to visit some friends we hadn't seen in a while. It was nice to hang out with friends during the day, without our girls in tow! We were back on the road in the afternoon and proceeded to sit in traffic for quite some time.
We finally checked into our hotel around 7:00 pm {the Holiday Inn Capital, which was wonderful and so close to everything} and immediately hit the ground running. I'd heard that seeing the monuments at night were really amazing, and I was excited to see it.
We walked to The Mall, and strolled along it. I fell in love with the Washington Monument at first sight.
We spent some time at the World War II Memorial, and the Vietnam Memorial.
We walked along the Reflecting Pool and up to the Lincoln Memorial.
It looks like you had such a great trip!
ReplyDeleteOne of my most favorite places in the world!
ReplyDelete